Saturday, December 13, 2008

Music that soothes the soul

Music can soothe the soul like nothing else. It's always been that way. And it will continue to be that way forever I believe. David used music to soothe King Saul. "...David would take his harp and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better..." Music is a gift from God. Many believe that music can heal our souls and even our physical bodies. I completely agree.

A close friend of mine sent me an early Christmas present today. It was a music cd by a young man out of Oklahoma. He's a pianist and it's more than music. It's therapy. I can actually say that the music this young man plays soothes the soul. There's something about his compositions that brought peace to me as I listened to them. They penetrated my heart and as I closed my eyes and listened I felt a calmness and a sense of oneness with God.

On the cd jacket, Jarrod says:

May these songs bring

Healing to your wounds,
Joy to your sorrows,
Depth to your passions,
Beauty to your romances,
And life to your souls.

If you're looking for any of these things, add this to your collection.

Feeling peaceful,
Walden Fan

No comments: