The first movie, The Proposal, was your typical happy ending love story. The man and woman who started out hating each other, end up falling in love and ending happily ever after. They were from two different worlds and grew up in completely different family backgrounds. But somehow they found love in common and began to see that they really weren't that different after all.
The second movie, Revolutionary Road, was a love story that ended tragically. The man and woman fell in love quite quickly, but became disillusioned by the reality of life. They sacrificed their dreams and settled in a suburban lifestyle where the husband went off to work and the wife stayed home with the kids. Neither were happy and nor could they find peace with their choices.
While we would always like to believe that life is more like the first movie, and less like the second one, there were some realities that emerged from both.
- Sometimes people from two different worlds can find happiness.
- What you see on the surface is not always what lies beneath.
- Compromising your dreams might cause you extreme unhappiness.
- You can find value and purpose in your life, even though it's not what you expected.
- If you have someone who believes in you, you can find happiness and regain your passion.
Personally, I go to the movies to escape. But, many times I find unexpected truths.
See you at the movies,